Books for Asterisk Training
Check the are not to old, Asterisk has changed in the past 2 years.
- Asterisk Hacking With CDROM - Very Helpful.
- Asterisk for Dummies - Probably a bit simple
- Asterisk: The Future of Telephony - A must Read on dial plans etc.
- Building Telephone Systems with Asterisk - Maybe a little old, 2005.
- Inter-Asterisk Exchange (IAX): Deployment Scenarios in SIP-Enabled Networks - Wow 2009 All the Latest info.
Approx AU$3100. 2 Days, no prerequisites and is a basic introduction to Asterisk. You do not even need linux experience. At the end of the course you will be able to :
- Identify the purpose and primary functionality of Asterisk as a PBX and as an application development platform
- List the functionality associated with a traditional PBX
- Explain the background to Asterisk in terms of the history of Digium and the Open Source community of which it is a part
- Define the operating system environments in which Asterisk is developed and supported
- Describe the telephony connections which Asterisk supports and identify the Digium hardware needed to effect this connectivity
- Identify the basic characteristics of analog and digital PSTN connections and how VoIP compares and contrasts with these
- Install and run Asterisk from the packages available for download from www.asterisk.org
- Configure Asterisk to deliver basic PBX functionality including basic call routing, voicemail and directory services
- Learn the basics of Linux in order to be an effective Asterisk administrator.
Approx AU$4600. 5 Days, Must have knowledge of a Linux environment. Know how to use a text editor to edit files and basic command line operations. The course covers all aspects of VoIP telephony, using asterisk and deploying asterisk. The dCAP exam is offered at the end of the course, but is not a guarantee you will receive the certification. (additional $460)
The Asterisk Bootcamps have been discontinued and converted to become the Asterisk FastStart and Asterisk Advanced courses(see above).
dCAP (Digium Certified Asterisk Professional)
The dCAP is an exam process. It consists of 150 Questions and a hands on lab, which is an Asterisk configuration exercise. This is the industry recognised Asterisk certification.